FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket children/revenue ticket parent
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:23 pm
iapetus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I consulted today a phone agent about the possibility to book the 2 awards for children and revenue ticket for adult. She told me that there will be a booking fee for each ticket, so I do not know if I had a bad agend and should try again and get one that will waive the fee or is this not even possible?
If you do not have platinum or 1K status with UA and call to book your tickets, you will be assessed a phone booking fee. (If you do have that status, then, yes, the agent was incorrect to charge the fee.) The benefit to calling is that you will not be assessed the additional fee for an unaccompanied minor. I don't think that there is any way around this UM fee if the children are on an award ticket and the adult if flying on a paid ticket and the tickets are purchased online.

Like others, I had to do this recently: mrs. iapetus in paid E, the iapetus jrs. on an award ticket. Because of my status, I was not assessed the phone booking fee, and the agent did not have to charge me the UM fee because the children were being booked at the same time as their mother. If you call and explain that you are calling because it is the only way to avoid the UM fee, you might find a sympathetic agent who will waive the phone booking fee. But I think you would have to get lucky there.