FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:20 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by redtigeriii
Yep, I will miss those breakfast sandwiches as well. I really enjoyed how convenient the Caper’s market was at D/E with a massive grab and go section of food/drinks, so I’m sad about them withdrawing. I’m glad the C side Caper’s is still in the program, although I do wonder about if they will continue participating long term, if it will be sustainable. I’ve visited them twice since the changes with both visits at off peak hours, and it was still quite crowded and took 5-10 minutes of waiting at the cashier. I would imagine people who’d normally use the market are now coming over to the Caper’s restaurant. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do tighten up the program and try to do things such as restricting it to dine-in only, only accepting an outbound boarding pass, a lower credit, only able to use it at certain times, etc. I think the most likely one will be in regards to the boarding pass. But I wouldn't expect it to remain exactly how it is right now.
PP restaurants are theoretically providing lounge alternatives, meaning a place away from the concourse to sit as well as a place to have some food or drink. And I've seen other PP restaurants require dine-in only and so that one wouldn't surprise me; in fact eliminating the market is already an indicator that dine-in may be the intended goal.

I hope outbound BP doesn't happen, though. Amex did that with the Centurion lounges and the function of 'arrivals lounges' are very useful.

Of course not being a PDX frequenter I only now realize that eliminating the Market means clearing security twice if flying out of D/E.
Edit to avoid confusion, corrected below

Last edited by Gig103; Apr 24, 2019 at 10:51 pm