FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:19 pm
jnb_tx

Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
You should definitely try. I'm in almost the exact spot as you - about to hit 75k in spend (~73k of which is on UA metal) and wishing I would get an early invite given that it's only April...

I did email 1K team asking about it and they granted me a GS review (I wasn't even asking for a review, just whether they did mid-year qualification) - they declined me for this year (I was around 53k in spend at the time with another 20k booked but not flown yet) but said they'll of course assess in the normal end of year qualification for 2020. Not sure if waiting until current spend would have helped or if it was a no go based on historical spend.

Seems no harm in asking so hopefully your results are different! They respond pretty fast and post the response to your mystatus.united.com page.
Thanks for the feedback. I got the same response as you. Very friendly, very boiler-plate... but worth a try. Don't know how much more premium spend I will put on UA this year, will probably stick to burning award miles for personal travel before dynamic pricing kicks in.