FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:53 am
halamadrid

Originally Posted by NDS88
Apologies for asking maybe basic question, thread is *very* long to read through. I currently hold the Marriott Chase Rewards Plus card, but it's been more than 24 months since I received the welcome bonus for it. I also recently had/cancelled whatever the Amex SPG $95 card was, and had received the bonus for that in last 24 months. Today I applied and was approved for the Amex Bonvoy Brilliant card, didn't receive any message about not qualifying for the 100k signup bonus, but the language (including on TPG) describing the disqualifiers is pretty dense. Given the above status on other Marriott / SPG cards, anyone able to tell whether I qualify for the 100k offer or not?
Having the regular SPG/Marriott Amex does not prevent you from getting the bonus (unless you cancelled that one within the first 12 months or Amex has you on a list - but you mentioned not getting any popup so shouldn't be an issue). On the Chase side you pretty much have to look at the product you have or had and bonuses you received; then go through each item in the list provided in the terms:

Welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan or the J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ from Chase, the Marriott Rewards®Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Business from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a new Card Member bonus or upgrade offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ from Chase, Marriott Rewards®Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months.
If your answer is YES to any on the list = No Bonus
If your answer is NO to every item in the list = Bonus