FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Charlotte [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2004, 1:07 pm
Excelsior

Programs: AMEX Cent, US-AIR Plat, NW gold Elite, Cont Gold, Delta Gold, Mariott Silver,
Unhappy Charlotte Westin Review

Hi guys. I just stayed at the Charlotte Westin on Aug 2nd and have got to say that I was not impressed. I was on business and the purpose of my trip was two fold. 1. I had a meeting with a vendor and 2, I wanted to check out the Westin's meeting space for a kickoff meeting I am planning with a client shortly. As such, I knew I would need multiple rooms and suites, so I figured, I would check out their suites. I arrived, checked the car with the valet and checked in. When I arrived in my suite, I've got to say, I wasn't impressed at all. The toilet in the main bath was broken and didn't flush as it should, the moulding was peeling off the shower and the shower leaked! The suite was nothing like what's shown on the web. It was just two ajoining rooms one with a a sofa and some chairs in it and another normal bedroom. This was not what I had expected. I really had thought that what I was getting was represented on their web site. Had I known what I was getting, I certainly would not have shelled out the extra money for a suite! I called the front desk and told them that I was there to look at the facility for a meeting I was planning and were all of the suites like mine. I was told yes. I don't know whether this is true or they just didn't want me to ask to change. In any event, the next morning, I met with Kristen Kennedy, who showed me the meeting area. She was very pleasant and the meeting space looked great. So now I'm pretty much on the fence... I'm not sure if I'll book the Westin for my guests if the suites are all laid out like that and have maintenance problems. That simply won't fly with the clients I have coming in. However, the meeting space and food looked great and the staff members I spoke with about it were very polite and attentive. Unfortunately, I'm unaware of another hotel in Charoltte that may fit the bill for us. Got to make a decision soon though... Any suggestions?

-Excelsior