FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:36 am
MikeFly

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by damon88
Here’s a weird one. My husband periodically transfers his points to me since I have the higher status. With SPG, of course, we could just transfer ourselves online. With Marriott we have to call, which we always do through the Titanium line, since it’s often in the evening or on weekends when my Ambassador is off and I hate bothering her with trivial requests.The transaction with the typically friendly phone reps usually takes less than 5 minutes after they speak to my husband and verify his authorization.

But when we called today we got the rudest agent. After verifying me he brusquely insisted that he was not allowed to help me since I was “an Ambassador which was above his Level”. WTH?

This was definitely a HUACA situation (and sure enough the next rep swiftly assisted us) but later I regretted not getting his name.

Somehow I don’t think that’s what Marriott had in mind.
Just curious if you are able to do more than 100k per year as it states on the website?