FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy vs comfort+ long haul on A330
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:51 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mridley2
For a long haul flights I think another consideration is if you want anything "extra" outside of the meal/drink service during flight. I find that flight attendants are much more generous with extra wine or snacks upon request for passengers seated in Delta Comfort. I have noticed FA's politely refusing a wine refill or snacks to main cabin passengers when not during meal service.

Plus A330 has some of the best delta comfort seats on all of delta. The 2 seat side is great! Even better if you can get the bulkhead.
Originally Posted by pogopossum
Agreed - flew MSP-AMS this summer on the A330 in Comfort + and found service attentive and very good. My wife and I had the two seat side. Years ago I flew on the A330 to LGW on NWA in coach. It was in February and I had an entire middle row to myself on the flight out. I doubt that happens much anymore.

PP
Meh honestly I've flown C+ and regular Y enough on TATL and TPAC in the past 18 months that I haven't noticed much of a service difference -- at least not to an extent that it would be worth spending any money on C+ vs. Y.

For me on C+ for TATL it comes down to a couple factors:

1) Are you PM/DM? If so you get for free at booking. Are you GM/FO? If so worth listing for but not worth taking one of the middle seats if you have an Aisle/Window on the "2" side in Y (and see #2 if GM/FO who needs legroom but can't confirm C+ at booking)
2) Are you tall? If so, C+ is worth it because every inch of pitch counts but row 22/27 on the A332/A333 has more legroom than any C+ seat does
3) Do you have a tight connection? If so C+ puts you closer to D2 so you'll get off the plane more quickly

Otherwise there is nothing that would make C+ worth the extra $ in my book