FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 pm
Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers
Company Representative: Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers

Location: 88 Dong Khoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Originally Posted by estnet
Had a wonderful stay, not my first, but this was really memorable.
Service way beyond what I expected even before I arrived as I emailed some concerns before my stay. When I arrived they even went above and beyond what they had already provided due to some noise/renovation issues I was concerned about. Some of this may be due to status (titanium), but in my experience when management treats status customers well they pay attention to all customers needs.

Club lounge and breakfast - chose breakfast in restaurant ( although lounge breakfast is amongst the best I've ever seen with some made to order items) - really extensive options including Vietnamese, chinese, western, lots of fresh fruit, even ice cream, lots of pastries, etc. One of the best I've seen- even amongst the wonderful other Asian hotels.
Lounge cocktail hour was amazing. Always 3 (?or more) made to order items each night as well as multiple hot choices, many canapes, desserts, fruit..... Wine was the usual almost drinkable quality found in most lounges and they had mixed drinks (not sure if just the special one each night or they did many).
Pool - almost warm enough for me to swim, but still pretty chilly (problem for all the hotels with high rise buildings blocking the sun), but better than the Le Meridien which has no sun exposure since it's under an overhang.

I didn't think I would find a hotel that met (or exceeded) the service levels at Sheraton Grande Bangkok but this one did! Simply amazing.

Downside - none of which is the hotels fault- smack in the middle of a tourist "ghetto" with shops sporting high tourist prices although some might find some of the many places that cater to tourists appealing. There were fewer touts on the street within 2 blocks of the hotel than my last visit, but still sort of annoying (again nothing against the hotel)
Dear estnet,

It’s great to hear from you on this forum as well. Again, thank you for your loyalty to Sheraton and taking the time to write us such nice words on your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers.

It really makes me proud to receive the compliments from you. I will definitely share your kind words with my team. They will certainly feel as happy as I am to know that their dedication made a big difference to your experience with us.

I hope we can welcome you back again should your travels bring you back to Ho Chi Minh and we all look forward to serving you again.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager