FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA114 last night 'Boarding First Last' and jump seat passengers...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:53 am
jimlad48

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by billinghamn
In my experience of flying AA transatlantic (LHR-JFK-LHR), I have never enjoyed a half decent crew. My experience is similar to the OP, where AA transatlantic cabin crew gave me the distinct impression they really couldn't give a stuff about passengers. It was almost that passengers were an annoyance that cabin crew needed to tolerate whilst the flight took the cabin crew back to the US. I have also heard crew raise their voices when passengers dare to ask them a question. Clearly there are going to be some good AA cabin crew on transatlantic routes, but so far I haven't come across any...

Transcon on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish. Every segment I have been on (JFK-LAX-JFK) has been a joy. The cabin crew demonstrate they love their jobs and are proud to serve paying passengers. I've never understood why there is such a vast difference in attitude. I assume it's something to do with pay and rations, but I might be wrong.
I'd definitely agree with that judgement - my transcon UA and AA flights are always great - but I've also had bad experiences on United on TATL routes too. I think the crew attitude is utterly different.
I think the reason I like BA is the crew - its the people who make the flight - if I fly these days I'm usually treating myself going to/from a nice holiday, and a great crew who pull out all the stops to make you feel human are a great way to start the holiday or finish it off. So, I'll happily put up with the CW seat for now as long as the crew remain awesome. :-)