FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA114 last night 'Boarding First Last' and jump seat passengers...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:32 am
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Off-topic, but that surprised me. Luck of the draw, I guess, but We have never had ‘bad’ crew with AA on either long-haul or Domestic (in J of course!).
In my experience of flying AA transatlantic (LHR-JFK-LHR), I have never enjoyed a half decent crew. My experience is similar to the OP, where AA transatlantic cabin crew gave me the distinct impression they really couldn't give a stuff about passengers. It was almost that passengers were an annoyance that cabin crew needed to tolerate whilst the flight took the cabin crew back to the US. I have also heard crew raise their voices when passengers dare to ask them a question. Clearly there are going to be some good AA cabin crew on transatlantic routes, but so far I haven't come across any...

Transcon on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish. Every segment I have been on (JFK-LAX-JFK) has been a joy. The cabin crew demonstrate they love their jobs and are proud to serve paying passengers. I've never understood why there is such a vast difference in attitude. I assume it's something to do with pay and rations, but I might be wrong.