FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA114 last night 'Boarding First Last' and jump seat passengers...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:35 am
jimlad48

Programs: BA Exec Club
BA114 last night 'Boarding First Last' and jump seat passengers...

I flew on the BA114 (JFK-LHR) last night in CW. Overall a good experience, with a very swept up crew in the CW cabin – for example, we were a little late to push back, but they used the time to take drink orders and also confirm meal requirements. Similarly in the morning, when I woke up to go the toilet at the 40 minute mark, the CC noticed I was up and not only sorted coffee quickly without my asking, but also folded and put my bedding away while I was in the loo – a small but nice touch.

Two points of mild interest. Firstly as we were boarding, I heard a panicked message came up from the ramp saying ‘BOARD FIRST LAST!’ as apparently we were boarding via the front door -unfortunately the gate staff had already sent Group 1 down, but it was good thinking of the CSD to minimise impact on F passengers, and also allow smooth boarding. I did hear some passengers filing down to economy going ‘is BA doing this to taunt us’ as they walked through the F and CW cabin though!

Also one young man (teenager) didn’t have a seat and had to sit in the jump seat for take off and landing and hang around in the galley area. We heard the crew talking about this, and it seemed that he wasn’t a staff member on staff travel – I didn’t think you could overbook these flights as a passenger?

Overall a very impressive experience, and in marked contrast to our outbound on AA where a technically better seat was let down by inedible gnocchi, and a cabin crew that simply didn’t care less about us as passengers, and shouted at me once when I asked if customs forms were going to be handed out (WATCH THE VIDEO SIR) – never flown AA long haul before, and not going to in future. No matter how good the seat may be, I want a human experience too and I thought the AA crew were just surly and rude.

Good job BA!