FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Curtain Roulette?
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:20 am
ratypus

Programs: BAEC Gold
Curtain Roulette?

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere...currently booked on a short-haul out of LHR, in ET on an A320.

I picked 3 seats in Row 13; we cannot take the exit rows in Rows 11 and 12 because (i) they seem to be allocated to the Club Europe cabin and (ii) we have a lap infant on the booking anyway, so an exit row is neither allowed nor practicable (much easier to keep a bag under the seat in front for easy access to baby stuff...).

Now we are still c. a month away from travel date, but ExpertFlyer is showing Club Europe back to Row 12 (consistent with BA MMB). Row 12 itself is showing 'blocked', but there are allocated CE seats already in Row 11, so it's clearly a busy flight in CE. Now...in the ET cabin, ExpertFlyer is showing all of Row 13 and Row 14 as 'blocked' except for our 3 seats in Row 13. Seems to be there's at least a risk of the CE cabin expanding again and getting kicked out of our seats?

Is that right? Should we just move further back now? I am absolutely not fussed where in the ET cabin we sit - travelling with 2 small children so will have checked bags, not be in any hurry on arrival, no spare hands for BoB catering etc. So it's absolutely immaterial where we sit.

Am I reading ExpertFlyer right here? I just want to avoid that we get kicked out of Row 13 and somehow don't get allocated seats together - that would be quite difficult as it's really best to have both parents present with the two kids.