FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So I just got bonvoyed.... AGAIN!
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:13 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by stant
A few months ago in Miami, I was staying at a legacy SPG property by the airport when I had to go down to renew my passport. It turned out that there was a slight problem with my new passport photo and the agent told me to stick around the area in case they needed to call me back to the office to get a new one done. So I went to the Marriott across the street from the passport office and said 'I'm dead tired and have to stick around the passport office, can I pretty please have access to the club lounge so I can relax a bit despite not being a guest at the property' - they said 'here is your pass key'.
I too had business at the Miami passport office last year and found myself in need of printing something out - and the very Marriott you mention was perfectly happy to grant me access to their business center for a few minutes (I did mention that I was staying at another Marriott property at the time, but one that would take me probably 2 hrs to travel back to and then return to the passport office (Miami traffic!) and park again, etc). Never occurred to me to request lounge access, however! You’ve got moxie, I’ll grant you that much!