FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:38 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by offerendum
Booking a rom at Amanzoe is really special. First I had to fill out a CC authorization for 5 nights, now for 1 more night as I extended my stay. So far they don't send out confirmation...... To be honest it sucks, but I think was discussed before.
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Haha, it is a pain, indeed! While there are ways to get around cc forms, this is certainly one way to make the stay memorable
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
QUOTE=offerendum;30863018]
Booking a rom at Amanzoe is really special. First I had to fill out a CC authorization for 5 nights, now for 1 more night as I extended my stay. So far they don't send out confirmation...... To be honest it sucks, but I think was discussed before.

QUOTE=offerendum;30863018]
[/QUOTE]

Haha, it is a pain, indeed! While there are ways to get around cc forms, this is certainly one way to make the stay memorable [/QUOTE

Pain indeed
BESVISOR , what are the ways to get around cc forms ?
Facing this nuisance now .. thanks .

Will email them too , have missed some 48 hours time limit trying to figure out ‘ instructions ‘ ..

Thanks BESVISOR for the PM , information , etcetera
Originally Posted by Aventine
Pain indeed
BESVISOR , what are the ways to get around cc forms ?
Facing this nuisance now .. thanks .
Aman is making it somewhat of a turn off to book now. My last stay at a comparable luxury property didn't involve paying upfront and signing my life away.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by offerendum
To be clear, Aman Venice next month never asked for any form.
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Indeed - also, for repeat guests I've seen the card auth forms waived where no actual prepayment is required.

Card authorisation forms are seriously a pain - some places do require them from a regulatory standpoint though. But in that case (e.g. for example when a booking is processed online and such information isn't required), can't they just issue a third party payment link (Amanpulo does this). Maldives in particular tends to be rather annoying with this.
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Aman is making it somewhat of a turn off to book now. My last stay at a comparable luxury property didn't involve paying upfront and signing my life away.
In remote Greece (or other very remote places?)

My understanding is that part of it is regulations when it's a third party processing the booking (this can be avoided when bookings are made via online platforms) and part of it is to do with remoteness and and again, going back to that earlier discussion on cancellations, modern traveling trends etc.

There's no prepayment for properties such as Aman Tokyo which can sell out a couple of unsold rooms last minute, if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by scented
It used to be really easy... short notice email “en route” and everything was taken care of. No pre-authorization, no CC info, no deposit, just a discreet bill at the end of the stay.

Even Amansara waived deposit requirement during peak New Years stay a while ago.

Seems different tune today.
Yes , it used to be really easy with an email to the GM and all set .

It took numerous emails over months , other means of communication for Venice & Zoe September stay . Then they kindly waived the cc authorisation form requirement ..
Paul L , GM Zoe , replied too & with newly transferred Guillermo V from Galla / Wella a refreshing asset

Now Puri in May & Kila / Nusa Villas in July , was the original AMAN that I am accustomed to , just an email . Thankfully .
Similarly with Nemu / Tokyo in October / November , perhaps because we stayed most recently last November we did not encounter cc / authorisation issues either & all set even before Venice ( which was a worse nuisance compared to Zoe) & Zoe ..
We shall see how the saga continues .. Looking forward to the stays though

Last edited by FlyerEC; Apr 22, 2019 at 6:58 pm Reason: Add information