FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Free Night Certificate Questions & Experiences" thread
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:23 am
mendezka

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Actually I am perfectly fine with the requirement that weekend nights be used on weekends. Also ok that the resort credit be used at a resort and the airline credit being used for airline spending.

Seems lately that many people who agreed to terms and conditions decide later that they are inconvenient.
I'm in no way implying that I'm not fine with it being a requirement, simply stated that I thought it was interesting from their perspective to only allow these on the weekends. I like many other people, naively, don't read terms & conditions. It's completely my fault & I don't expect anything from Hilton or any other corporation because I fail to do a due diligence. Being said, I can agree to anything & still complain it's inconvenient for me at that time.... In this case, I want to take a 6 day trip, Wed-Tuesday (flights booked already, so I'm not able to change dates). I wanted to use 4 nights on points 5th night free, then utilize the free weekend certificate to stay for 6 nights. However, due to my Wed-Tuesday travel, it is impossible to do so as the points booking must be 5 consecutive nights. For me this was extremely inconvenient & surprisingly Hilton agreed & compensated me without me asking for anything.

I reached out to twitter support, explained my predicament. They credited me 40,000 points to help pay for the 6th night on points & I got to keep my free weekend night. I further took advantage of the double points promotion & purchased the remaining 50k points needed for that 6th night for $250. However someone wants to spin it, someone at Hilton agreed it is a weird policy & they helped me out immensely with it. I think we can all agree that Hilton, nor any corp, would never willingly hand out 40k points if there wasn't some basis in my complaint.