FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA and Doha
Thread: BA and Doha
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:06 am
Howard Long

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am booked to fly BA LHR-DOH-LHR in A Class (revenue ticket) during the month of may.

If the flights are canceled, will I be switched to QR operated metal in F class or I will be downgraded to J?
Some might say that BA F to QR J, especially if QSuites, isn’t a downgrade. I just did four segments this weekend on QR J including two QSuites and was most impressed. The level of personal service is just as good: they seem to dedicate crew to cover small sections so there’s always a familiar face. 8 crew cover 42 seat J, and 7 in 36 seat J. This is almost the same pax:crew ratio as BA F. All that’s missing is cloth towels and flowers, and the loo ratio is 4 to 42 pax, or 3 to 36 pax compared to BA’s 2 to 14 or 1 to 8, but most of the bathrooms are significantly bigger compared to BA F. Pretty much everything else is on a par or better than BA F IME.

Bearing in mind I used to travel QR F to BKK frequently until they removed the A380 from BKK, I am struggling to think why you would even consider QR F anymore as long as you take your own caviar with you on board.

I’ve also done a few BA F to and from Doha over the past couple of years, they were all very empty, with only one or two other pax, plus one where I was the only pax in the cabin. I would imagine there’s a strategic reason for them maintaining the route.