FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attending my first EPL match. What do I need to know?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:51 am
JTE458

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
The likelihood is that viagogo had acquired these tickets somehow and were selling them on. With packages still available from the official outlet (Chelsea FC) they would have to had priced them lower as an encouragement to buy.

I would be astonished if viagogo, given their reputation around football in the UK (although it’s better elsewhere), were an authorised reseller. As such, if you enter into a contract with them expect to get burnt, I’m afraid. Had you bought direct from Chelsea you would most likely have got a refund. Viagogo won’t have any way of returning the tickets given the route they doubtless acquired them, so they before non-cancellable, non-returnable under their terms. It’s probably got nothing to do with Chelsea.
They are the only authorized reseller per Chelsea's ticket website, that's why I used them. They appear to only be able to sell hospitality packages. The one I purchased was about 40% off the list price Chelsea directly.

Last edited by JTE458; Apr 22, 2019 at 9:52 am Reason: Update content