FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attending my first EPL match. What do I need to know?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:20 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JTE458
And now after spending the $400 for the hospitality tickets, the game date was just moved and I am unable to attend. I was basically told I'm SOL on getting a refund and I can't sell the tickets either. So angry.
The likelihood is that viagogo had acquired these tickets somehow and were selling them on. With packages still available from the official outlet (Chelsea FC) they would have to had priced them lower as an encouragement to buy.

I would be astonished if viagogo, given their reputation around football in the UK (although it’s better elsewhere), were an authorised reseller. As such, if you enter into a contract with them expect to get burnt, I’m afraid. Had you bought direct from Chelsea you would most likely have got a refund. Viagogo won’t have any way of returning the tickets given the route they doubtless acquired them, so they before non-cancellable, non-returnable under their terms. It’s probably got nothing to do with Chelsea.