FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-HEL run & meet-up thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:23 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Thank you and Goodnight,

After only 1 year of flying this route I am having to change airlines, unfortunately because of the change in schedule from BA it's almost impossible for me to get a return from EDI > HEL via LHR without an over night stay in London which is not an option for me not just that they have also increased the price by almost 4x.

its been a pleasure getting to know you guys and best of luck to you all.

I am starting at the bottom of the new program but I am lucky enough to Lounge access at AMS & CDG because of the industry I am in which is a little bonus I suppose.

Cheers,
Colnic2011.
Cheers to you, too !

Although there seems to be a multifacetted situation for you, the basic critique you address is the reduction of the number of daily BA flights to HEL. I also have difficulties understanding why BA "sells out" a profitable route, often having 7-12, occasionally more, rows of CE. Especially as the compensation is AY increasing their flights to 6-7 daily, and also a minimum of 2 of these flights being LH aircraft with lie-flat Business seats (A350 and A330).

Airport hotel prices is even more of a mystery for me. A good LHR large-chain hotel charging £55-68 for a weekend room 3 years ago, is now charging £90-120. In LAX my favvo hotel used to charge $78-90 for a Fri/Sat/Sun stay, also some 3 years back, is now $156-188. The post-tax salaries of most leisure travelers have, however, not followed suite.

Just left a capital, where Luxury hotels are still a bargain, KUL, I'm now in BKK, where the same category of hotels are just (!) very price worthy (slight understatement)

Good luck in flying Blue!