FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose weekend trip from Buenos Aires
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:02 am
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Will be visiting Argentina for the first time in August and may fly in early before a week of business meetings in Buenos Aires. What should I do for the weekend? Considering the following options:

(1) Fly to Pantagonia (probably FTE - El Calafate), visit glacier and ??? This is a bit of a PITA as I prefer to travel with carryon only and would have to pack some cold weather clothes

(2) Fly to Iquazo Falls (IGR), visit the falls from both sides.

(3) Fly to Mendoza and go wine tasting. Personally I'm not a big fan of Argentine wines (at least the exports) as we prefer the Cabs, Pinots and Zins from nearby Napa and Sonoma - so leaning more to the first two options.

(4) Fly to Chile?

Anything else I'm missing? I will have the better part of a week in BA, so I don't see the need to spend the weekend there. Will be heading to Rio after.
why not just stay in Buenos Aires, there’s so much to do, so much to see and if you’re tied up with business meetings for the balance of the week you’ll get a nice primer on the city as well. If I had my choice between Santiago Chile and Montevideo Uruguay for the weekend I would pick Buenos Aires…