FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Are the Paine Field (PAE) Flights? Will Mainline AS Ever Fly There?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:02 pm
Toshbaf
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Originally Posted by jrl767
see the last few posts in the “PAE Inaugural Flight” thread (about a month ago)

as far as mainline service ... I’d guess no; at least until the landside infrastructure can accommodate ~600 pax concurrently (two gates x ~300 pax — 150 inbound and 150 outbound)
Then the gate area is too small. The gate area should have seating for 350 people, which is 175 per gate. If the plane is a 737-900ER and completely full, the rest of the passengers may be in the rest room or restaurant or standing. As far as the inbound passengers, they can walk from the gate to baggage claim without stopping or stopping only in the rest room.

I wonder if there's insufficient rest room space. I read that there are not stalls but individual rooms with a toilet and a sink. That is not space efficient because if you are pooping, the door will be locked.

I would imagine that if there are only 24 permitted flights per day, eventually, they will all be 737-800/900/900ER or equivalent if allowed.