FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 12, 2004, 9:45 am
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thumbs up Paid

Originally Posted by dingo
Wow Weather that sounds like a great experience.

Are you there on a paid or award stay? On your other trip that you mention in November, what part of November? I'm going to be there four days before Thanksgiving and am trying to get a feel for how crowded and what kind of upgrade success I'll have. From there we go to Kauai for four days.
I'm here now on a a paid stay; my rate is $595/night.

I was here the 1st week of November last year and the place was pretty empty. But I'd suspect that the place would be packed around Thanksgiving time... although right before it may not be too bad. The hotel explained that they're out a sold-out capacity now because there's a bug rush of families coming to Maui prior to the start of school in a few weeks. They said last week, this week, and next week they're at a sell-out level.

As far as RC access, I probably won't ask for it anymore. I'm at the far end of the Lahaina tower and the RC is up in the Atrium tower... it's just not convienant to head over there. I'll stick with the full breakfast at Swan Court and will pass on evening booze. (Although I did have Hospitality send some vodka/rum/mixers to the room to do entertaining/drinking here.)

The Polynesian Review show was great. I had Hospitality stock my room with food & drink and I had a nice party in my suite; we watched the show without interruption or obstruction from 5pm-8pm from the balconies...while we munched on assorted chips/dip, fresh fruit platters, and cookies. And at sunset, everyone went over to the balcony on the ocean side to watch the green flash there.