FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I put second Guest on award stay and not show up?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:35 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iexaltu
Follow up question. Suppose I was not a globalist and just booking for a friend, what would be the proper procedure since GOH does not exist for discoverist and explorist?
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. The rack rate thing sounds like nonsense to me. Your friend never agreed to pay the rack rate (or any rate) and actually never did anything remotely fraudulent (checking in for a res where you are a registered guest is certainly not fraud) so the hotel is going to have a hard time claiming that he owes them anything. You, on the other hand...

You can book an award night for another person (it's explicitly allowed in the T&C). However they will not "inherit" any status from you unless you are a globalist making a GoH reservation. You just book it in their name. They will get the credit for the stay (not you).

Suite upgrade awards, however, cannot be applied to a reservation unless you are a guest.

The only fraudulent thing that's happening here is that you are applying the TSU, and you are trying to get credit for the stay when you did not stay. The booking itself is fine. (If you are receiving anything for it, that's selling points, which is expressly against the T&C, though probably not fraud since you never said that you weren't accepting anything for it. That won't stop them from closing your account if they want to, though)

You can also just transfer the points to your friend, although booking it for them is likely easier.