FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Wellness check" every 24 hours policy?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:37 pm
jn in ca

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by wackyducky
I've had the 'privacy please' sign up the entire time at my current Hyatt Regency stay. They called my cell phone on day 11 of 13 asking if there was anything I needed. Probably checking to see if I was still breathing. Don't know if they've tried to enter the room.
That may just be "luck of the draw." I just finished an 8 day stay at a Hyatt, and on day 6, I got a call from the front desk confirming that I did not want service that day. However, day 5 was the first day I had not left the DND sign out. So the call was not "gee, we haven't heard from the guest in a long time" and was instead just the variations you get among different employees.

Last year I did stay at a Hyatt that called me every single day I left the DND sign out. No problem. HOWEVER, if instead that was an 8 AM knock on my door, I would absolutely check out. I have things to do at 8 AM.

In general, do y'all know the statistics on suicide in hotel rooms? Maybe it shouldn't be a surprise that it is high, because lonely people are more likely to commit suicide, and we can all imagine that sitting in a hotel room all alone for days on end would be a lonely experience. An afternoon phone call is a legitimate "wellness check." An 8 AM knock on the door, or entering the room when I'm not there, is not.