FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:19 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by j2simpso
I can understand that concern and would argue that UA should then limit Polaris lounge access to the people who really need it (i.e. LA/SF travellers on redeyes arriving at 6 AM). The whole appeal of the p.s. service is that at night you'll get a decent rest (avoiding hotel cost) arriving in New York first thing next day to be productive. Having a shower and breakfast is a must to complete this experience and is something the UCs no longer provide.

Anyone who thought showers should get pulled from the UC hubs should be fired!
​​​​​

-James
That argument can extend to passengers arriving on redeyes into EWR from Hawaii or Las Vegas, some who also intend to go to work. “Need” doesn’t go into equation. Lest we forget, there’s probably more people in coach that might be going into work after a red eye, too. Some feel they need a shower and breakfast, too. Breakfast is a red herring. I seem to recall plenty of breakfast options in the concourse. As for need of shower, the percentage of passengers who actually availed themselves of CO’s showers was small (and I don’t believe UA actually had any pre-merger at JFK ( I could be wrong). As a frequent IAH-LHR traveler, I (and my co-workers) rarely visited showers before going straight into partner/government meetings.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Apr 21, 2019 at 1:28 pm