FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - URGENT - MCT In Toronto
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:59 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by littlefish
Whatever … all told a quite extraordinary scenario to be faced with at MIA check-in. Even armed with what I know now from this thread, no idea how I'd cajole a check-in agent to get the systems to play ball.
Very odd.
One possibility is that the codeshare got dropped off the MIA-YYZ (e.g. changed timings / equipment on the AA side?) and so the agent was looking at a purely AA booking. It may have been using the magical words "it's a BAnnnn codeshare flight" may have liberated MCT on AA's system. Ultimately I'm not sure it would have made much difference since the re-check desk in YYZ would have re-labelled the bags if necessary, and so long as the flights were on time I don't see much of an issue. Though the process is convoluted - entering Canada, clearing customs technically, another round of security - and there is a fast track channel within T3 for this, the distances are fairly short. So had the items been labelled only to YYZ then it would have been fixable.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Apr 21, 2019 at 6:27 am