FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on SA trip
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:28 am
flyertalker09567
Suspended

Originally Posted by johan rebel
The main issue with this itinerary is that you will be based at one camp (Pretoriuskop) for the entire length of your stay. You're stuck in one corner of the park, and the number of directions in which you can head out on game drives is limited compared to some other camps.

Pretoriuskop is arguably also not the best area in Kruger for game viewing. I'm not saying it is bad, but I do avoid it in summer because the Yellow Thatching Grass along the roads, which grows to a height of 6 ft and severely restricts visibility in many places.

Apart from that, I see nothing really wrong with the itinerary. For a novice, guided game drives are definitely the way to go, driving around yourself is not the best option for the clueless and inexperienced.

Johan
Hi,

Thanks for those details. While looking at the best time to do a Safari in SA, I found June as a "ok" period. I guess between June and October I should not be bothered by the the Yellow Grass, but this is the kind of details you do not find easily online

I think we will look closer to a better spot then, I was expecting Kruder Park to be a safe bet, but if it filled with tourists with limited games drives, I guess the experience could be disappointing (and prevent animals from coming closer maybe ? )

Thanks again for you precious help