FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport [Master Thread]
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:34 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by itravelalot
I just stayed here. Got a suite upgrade. It has 11 floors and 3 elevators but only 1 elevator is working. Apparently the other 2 elevators have been broken for 2-3 weeks. Staff told me the owner won't fix the broken elevators. I tried using the stairs but you can't access some of the guest floors because some but not all doors to floors are locked from the stairs. I could see this being a major safety issue if the last remaining elevator broke or there was a fire. The suite was clean but tired like the pictures above. The bathroom looks original to the construction of the Sheraton. The massive somewhat brand new 75 inch TV in the suite was nice. With that said the housekeepers do their job keeping the room clean and functional. It was very comfortable. Lounge was basic and hardly used when I was there.
I hope someone calls the proper authorities. What you've posted is a huge safety issue. Perhaps tweet about it or post on TripAdvisor or contact the local news station.

Cheers.