FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:25 pm
wxguy

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
Hello all
I have no idea where to pose/post this question. Does anyone know if United is still flyover international configurations that includes the old “first class” section? I’d like an opportunity to fly in/on one before they are gone forever. If you do know, could you let me know which route(s) so I can locate. Many thanks
Yes. According to the UA Fleet Website, there are still 10 frames flying with IPTE 3-class, the other 23 are either converted or in conversion.

It's impossible to say in advance which flights will have them. It's about 60 hours in advance that the UA Website posts the new Polaris 2-class map, if that configuration is anticipated. But last-minute changes can and do occur, especially at hubs where it's easy to sub. At out-stations it's less likely.

Note that currently, only GS can reserve the (former) F seats in advance; other premiers can do so within 24 hours or at the gate if still available. It appears UA gives preference to 1Ks, but lower status pax have reported success.