FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAD Polaris Lounge to open 21 October 2021?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:38 pm
Artpen100

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by Portolan
While a previous poster thinks the LH and TK lounges are inferior to Polaris Lounges (totally agree), they are vastly superior to the United Lounges at IAD. And that's what United is providing for at least the next year or two (or three, or four, …).
I agree. Though not a Polaris lounge quality (though I have not been in one yet - some time later this year I am flying out of EWR so shall see), and not quite Centurion level either, TK and LH at IAD are better than the domestic lounges in any other US airport, and many of the international lounges I have visited (at IAH, for example). I wonder if UA is also realizing that it needs to think about its non-*A competition, and at IAD that includes BA and AF, both of which have lounges better, in my opinion, than TK and LH. BA seems to get complaints from PP customers, who don't get the full F&B, but the CW dining (not to mention the Concorde Room) and wines are good, and it will be interesting to see if AF ups its game with its current renovation - the old lounge food was not very substantial, but they had great bread, cheese and actual champagne. Currently, the overall pleasantness is much greater flying BA or AF out of IAD than UA, and I am happy to fly them when the price is competitive. I fly UA international when it is cheapest, which it often is, and the seat is great, but I can't say I look forward to the experience.