FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - best hotel in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:39 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Central90210
Lobster Bar at ISL, Asia’s Top 50 bars, hands down if you’re a cocktail drinker. They also have a local craft beer brewed exclusively for ISL called “Island Ale” by Young Master - it is my go to when I feel like a pint more than a cocktail. It is the only reason I still visit ISL.
Blue Bar at FS also gets my honorable mention cocktail-wise.
I really like the bar atop the Sheraton too.

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think no expense was spared and every little factor considered for the Rosewood.
It helps when you own the land, AND the hotel brand...

Originally Posted by ajca
From the Star Ferry today I was a looking at the new St Regis and its location. I noticed that there are two big tall ugly buildings right in between the St Regis and the harbour. With those in the way the hotel is only going to have quite limited number of 'full harbour view' rooms (although with only 129 rooms / suites maybe they are mostly indeed on the high floors). For such a prominent flagship property for the brand I am a little surprised they didn't choose a site with more unobstructed views (notwithstanding the incredible difficultly and cost of finding such a site in HK!) Still, the interiors look incredible and it is surely be a great addition to the HK hotel scene.

By contrast, with the Rosewood perched where it is in TST its views will be absolutely incredible and completely unobstructed from every floor.

Only the corner rooms have harbour views, and even then only really on one side (the western side), and even those are a small sliver to be honest. The eastern side does have some harbour views in the loosest sense of the word (there is some water visible), but most of the views are the brown residential buildings on the left in your pic, and the sports stadiumf/acilities that's just under it. It's a 'unique' view for sure (very Hong Kong) but not one tourists generally want to see.