FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on SA trip
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:13 pm
flyertalker09567
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Based on the price, it sounds like a more "basic" safari, but without knowing any details it's impossible to comment.

It's true that the weather in CPT can be somewhat variable in winter (and it can be a little chilly at night), but I would still seriously consider going there. During a five night stay, you'd be rather unlikely not to get at least 2-3 days of good weather. I've certainly experienced many days with perfect blue skies there in June/July.

Durban is nice enough for half a day, and you could spend some days relaxing at one of the nearby resorts such as Zimbali, and maybe do a day trip to Lesotho etc. - but unlike Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula - there isn't much I'd consider spectacular.
Hi,
Indeed it seems to be something basic. I asked the rep what option they had for 5d/4n and he priced me that. More like tours but with private accaccomodat and we only stay in Kruger Park. I think I will stick with that.
Thanks a lot for the tips on Cape. I was worried to be under the rain for 5d. We will skip Durban then.
Thanks again