FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book travel upgrades for 4 as plat pro or wait until EXP?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:57 pm
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by trpltongue
I thought I had read that as EXP you could upgrade travel companions booked on the same itinerary?

I have to admit I’m new to AA. Been flying QA for the last 6 years.
You and one companion. Family of 4 you’ll be in the back; you can’t even request status upgrades with more than 2 people the itinerary.

Upgrades on award tickets

Executive Platinum members can use complimentary 500-mile upgrade benefits on AAdvantage award tickets for travel within North America on American.
  • If everyone in your reservation is eligible for a complimentary upgrade we'll automatically request it for you
  • If you need to request an upgrade on an award ticket, go to “Your Trips” on aa.com after you’ve booked your reservation or contact an American representative or your travel agent
Companion upgrade benefit

You can also upgrade 1 companion traveling on the same flight if 1 or both of you are traveling on an award ticket.

The number of upgrades needed for companions will be deducted from the sponsor member’s account, even if the companion is an elite status member and has their own 500-mile upgrade account.

Just like purchased tickets, the number of upgrades needed for companions will be based on their elite status level.

Last edited by skunker; Apr 17, 2019 at 7:06 pm