FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:49 am
arlflyer

OK, so have to book a trip to Europe for work, sadly in economy for this go. Trying to choose between native UA flights, native LH flights, or codeshare permutations thereof. The pure LH option looks like it would book into T, so what I understand to be deep discount econ. Question then is what is my path of highest likelihood, if possible at all, to get out of the back into at least PE? I'd trade $ for certainty here in upfaring out of pocket once the base fare is booked. Website seems to show both straight paid upgrades and bidding coexisting, but most discussion I can find seems to be on the bidding system. Any guidance highly appreciated.

(Apologies as I've posted a couple semi-related posts in different places over the past day...I don't think I'm violating any FT rules on cross-posting as the posts are different, just trying to understand nuance - I'm a confused newb venturing away from my "safe space" of AA / Oneworld )