FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - API information deleted?
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:11 am
scottish minnie

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
API information deleted?

Wondering if this is a unique problem to me. I’ve now experienced API information disappear from future bookings on more than 4 occasions now.

Its all the info from my passport details to the address in the US which has been removed. Although the other traveller (husband) details are also partially missing some of them, like his date of birth seem to have stuck.

Both of of us have up to date BA profiles so I called BA to ask why the information was being removed, on one booking I know it’s been input twice already, once when I booked and again when I noticed it was missing and now it’s gone again. The response is that it’s “probably a security process to ensure that the details are absolutely correct”.

Im at a bit of a loss. I’ve decided that for future bookings I’m simply going to wait until just before departure to fill them in however just wanted to check there are no implications to doing this. Is there a deadline at which point BA will take action if the details aren’t there - e.g a week before travel or something like that?