FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2-4-1 downgrade and MCOL
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:39 am
Admiral Ackbar
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I believe the reply from BA is fair and legally correct.

The use of these 2-4-1 vouchers has gotten out of hands - to the detriment of other BAEC members/seeking for award availability. I fail to see why BA should offer what is in reality a 50% discount on points for seats that is already hard to come by?

Anyway, the reality is that for the companion no points were paid (so nothing to refund - 75% of zero is zero) and as the OP already got a refund of the difference in tax, there is nothing more to claim.

Cheapskates when bookings are made to save on the points but a lot whining if downgraded and hit by the reality that save for the tax this is a free ticket (and apparently is correctly treated as a free ticket by BA now - praise to BA for this). Just my 2 cents...
Doesn't BAEC sell the vouchers to the CC companies anyway? These customers have to hit a yearly spend to receive it so it ain't free, the Avios themselves aren't either. You would think they would know how many they issue so as to not be 'out of hand'? Sounds like sour grapes mostly.