FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 11, 2004, 9:03 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
My Suite Experience at Maui Today

I checked-in today to the Maui Hyatt... and unfortunately, the Presidential Suite and the Regency Club floor Suite were occupied. (Although the RC suite opens up for the last night I'm here...and they offered to move me then, which I declined.) The Presidential Suite is occupied now through a few days after I leave, but I give credit to the front desk for looking around for the best suite in the house to give me. (They also looked into the Palace Suite which is also occupied through most of my stay.)

They are 100%+ booked ...which led to many unhappy people at the check-in counter who were unable to get the room type they had reserved. (Next to me was another Diamond who requested a King-Non-Smoking/Ocean View... and was told all that's left for him was a queen bed in a smoking room on a non-RC floor. He was not pleased.)

I ended up with a 2-room suite at the end of the Lahaina Tower. The suite has a decent size living room and an adjoining bedroom. Both the living room and bedroom have full-size balconies; one is directly on the ocean, the other overlooks the Sunset Terrace where Hyatt holds their Polynesian Revue. I actually have an unobstructed view of the stage, so I guess I'll be in for a treat tonight as the fire/knife dancers do there thing

And the suite has free high-speed internet access ^

Because the hotel is sold-out, they couldn't offer me RC access. But they did comp me + 2 guests (friends who are staying off-site) to a full breakfast at the Swan Court for the duration of my stay... which based on the reviews here, more than makes up for the lack of RC access. (I was here in November with RC access and did visit it for morning carbs and PM liquor, but didn't really "fill up" there.)

My suite seems to have been renovated recently; the interior definitely feels Hawaiian with warm woods and earth tones throughout; most furniture looks brand-new ...and everything, including the bathtub, is in excellent shape with no sign of wear/tear/abuse.

So I'm definitely happy. While I would have loved an awesome suite, I knew in reality I'd probably get a ROH suite with a 50/50 shot of getting a decent view. The front desk did their best to explore all of my options (right down to a crazy plan that had me bouncing from suite to suite over the next few days.) But in the end, I'm happy with the accomodations I got. Tomorrow, I'll let you know how much I enjoyed the full breakfast buffet