FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:26 pm
Jay71

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There is no baggage storage facility at Istanbul Airport, you could either check your bags all the way as your connection is technically less than 24 hours. However, if you want to store your carry on, you could store them at the lockers at the lounge, if you're planning to re-enter the lounge for the second time. Yes, you could head to the Business Lounge just after arrival but be aware that you should clear transfer security first as SIN is not a clear destination, you must also have your BP for your CDG flight present at that time. If the SQ agent in SIN won't be able to issue, you need to first proceed to the transfer desk. Of course, you may leave the lounge and the airport but it won't be easy as SIN or CDG T1 as in IST, airside and landside does not use the same path. There should be a way out from the international airside to the baggage claim but unfortunately no one knows how. You could access the lounge within all the 24 hour period before your flight so that means that there would be no problem accessing the lounge at midnight.
Thanks for adding me to the wiki thread. Not sure why I didn't see it (!?!).

We're not flying until June but are trying to make a decision now if we want to get a hotel room or just tough it out in the lounge. I'm hoping left luggage will be up and going by then. Will monitor these threads/wikis. Good news about the lounge access and re-entry though.
Thanks for the reminder tips, particularly about the difficulty it may be to depart the airport from international airside. I previously encountered a somewhat similar situation in Seoul where a screening agent had to reverse flow me though some areas to get me to the immigration desks.