FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:04 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SFOdelayed

Given that you have been “less than impressed” with GS, maybe this will solidify your decision to fly AS + (someone else) internationally?
Well the jury is still out for me on GS but instruments sure clear easier. Lobby check in at SFO is very nice. Have not used it for IRROPs as mercifully I haven't had any. CPU experience is about the same as 1K so far this year, which has was not great. Either way I think I will be one and done with GS as I can't see me hitting the dollar mark again this year. I lost some potentially valuable PQD's towards GS status as in January with several purchased F AS flights in and out of Hawaii. I have been toying with idea to jump over to them for probably 3 years now. When they opened up more routes post merger that was a game changer for me in as much as I could at least consider them out of the Bay area as I often fly them out of either OAK or SFO for business in Hawaii and Seattle. Denver and East coast routes also became available without having to go to SEA to get anywhere. My international travel has steadily declined over the past 3 years so that has become less of an issue for me.