FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:26 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mrs767 and I have been cleaning out our upstairs storage area so the remodeling contractors can begin converting it to crafts/office space (the existing crafts/office room is being repurposed as a guest bedroom. and the existing guest bedroom is being -- temporarily, we hope -- repurposed as our son's bedroom ... he graduates from Virginia Commonwealth University next month with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, and has accepted a position in Production / Manufacturing Engineering with Boeing on the 777X program in Everett starting late summer)

my dad started collecting Franklin Mint silver medallion sets in the late 1970s, and I had the bug for awhile as well ... NASA manned spaceflight mission logos, classic roadster automobiles, and the like ... while the sets doubtless have some value in the collector community, I wasn't interested in putting them on EBay or similar online marketplaces, and the silver was worth far more anyway

that said, I still opted to keep this set