FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Toddler on SAS - Car Seat/Stroller Questions
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:11 pm
gofarhaveacigar

Traveling with Toddler on SAS - Car Seat/Stroller Questions

Wife, daughter (18 months) and I are traveling BOS-CPH, then CPH-ARN, and then ARN-BOS (through CPH) next month. Had some questions on baggage allowances/stroller/car seats. All 3 passengers are booked on 1 PNR, with 3 individual tickets (daughter has her own seat, booked as a "Child in Seat" Fare) - all booked in Economy (T).

Per discussion with a CSR, baggage fees are $60 booked in advance, $120 at the airport. However - not sure about the following:

We have a collapsible stroller we plan on bringing. Can this be gate checked for free? Based on this link, it seems yes, but not sure if it can be gate checked or would have to be checked prior to going through security in each airport. https://www.flysas.com/us-en/help-an...extra-baggage/ Are there gate checking restrictions at BOS, CPH, and/or ARN?

We will be bringing a convertible car seat with us (ideally, rear facing when used in the seat, but can be forward facing if required)? The car seat is an "Evenflo Tribute LX" - dimensions are 17" W x 25" H (43 cm x 65 cm). Looks like this exceeds the dimensions allowed by SAS from what I see online, but the dimensions that are specified online would not satisfy any US car seat that I know of that is acceptable for 1+ year toddlers (not infants). Is this policy enforced? I have not had any issues using the car seat on any domestic carrier in the past - but understand that a foreign one may be different. If they are not allowed, what are my options for restraining a toddler on the flight? She is obviously too little to use just the seatbelt.