FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences 2019
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:56 am
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Kimpton Da An Taipei Hotel

Kimpton Da An Taipei Hotel

What is your Rewards Club status?
IHG Spire member

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the basic tier, Superior Room and receive one-level upgrade to Superior Room with Balcony

How are the rooms?
Room (32sqm) is nice with adequate USB points (around 4 USB points) for charging your phones and 3-pin plug socket. Balcony overseeing the Taipei 101 tower. However, there is no chair at the balcony to sit there to enjoy the view.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity?
Received a plate of cheese and fruits, as well as a bottle of red wine and sparkling water. Also received 2 hand-written welcome note from the guest relations manager and the hotel general manager.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take?
Have been given a TWD600 Raid the Minibar voucher for being a spire member. Will probably use it for the mini-bar as I am currently still staying at the hotel.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive?
NA

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value?
NA

What was good and what was bad?
+ Great location. It is within 3 min walk to the nearest MRT station. There is a family mart convenience store just near the hotel. Sogo department store is just across the road and there are a variety of eateries here. However, as this is a new hotel, some of the taxi drivers may not be familiar with the hotel location.

+ Friendly staff who is all out to make the stay a very pleasant one. I was caught in the rain on the way back to hotel. At the hotel lobby, they wanted to offer me towels to dry myself before i head up to my room.

+ Requested for a late checkout at 2pm and was confirmed prior to check-in.

+ During morning breakfast, they offered free flow of coffee, tea and soya milk at the level 1 lobby for you to drink / take away. A nice gesture especially if you are in the rush to get to somewhere else.

- Comparing to the Regent hotel, the facilities can be a little lacking here (no swimming pool/spa centre, and the in-room dining is limited). For my period of stay, both hotels offer quite similar prepaid room rates.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Possibly because of the great location and wonderful staff. But if there is a promotional rate at Regent Taipei hotel, I may stay there instead.