FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:59 am
fast passenger

Originally Posted by fast passenger
For those who have stayed at the Marriott Soi 57 hotel (not the executive apartments)—the room aircon is good and strong, right?

I'm set to check in to an executive room (not a suite) on Sunday. However, I will definitely cancel in favor of another hotel (thinking the new Hyatt Regency?) if the room A/C is known to be weak. April is no time to be playing games with climate control in Thailand!
Just to follow up: air conditioning is not a problem in this hotel! I don't think the room was good, though.

Even though I booked a room with lounge access, it was small. There was a persistent smell of sewage from the drain in the toilet cubicle. The king mattress was worn out and had two distinct valleys in it—I had to lie in the exact middle of the bed to get any firmness. The bathroom fixtures were the kind you'd find in a cheap home renovation. For example, I kept on knocking the only towel hook off of the wall since it was of the flimsy "easy attach" variety that you'd buy at the hardware store.

I would not stay at this hotel again.