FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:45 am
jmastron

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Does anyone have any experience of GE interview on arrival at LAX? We will be arriving on the BA283 which is scheduled to arrive at 13.05. Mr NW and I both have GE but we will be travelling with our 9 year olds who do not. Ultimately I am looking at what will be most painless (remembering a 100+ minute queue at immigration on our last visit) but there are obvious advantages to them having GE in the longer term. What I am unclear about is whether we have to clear immigration the slow way and then do the GE interview or whether that is all one process that will be faster than the 'normal' immigration process. Some of the posts on this thread suggest a separate line for GE IOA but it is unclear whether that is before or after clearing immigration.

What time should I book the interview for allowing for de-planing etc and the time it takes to travel through LAX? We are travelling in F. What happens if the flight is delayed and we miss our interview slot?

Any insight into the process would be much appreciated. I am regretting not taking the kids when the GE processing centre was operating in London. I am aware of current backlogs but we are not travelling until August.
For Enrollment on Arrival you don't book an appointment, you just show up. In SFO it's a marked line in the same area as the main GE entry kiosks, all prior to the booths, so you could indeed use the kiosk then wait with the kids in the EOA line. When I went through there was just one agent doing both who had the EOA people wait until the bulk of the GE people had gone through (maybe 10 minutes) then processed those of us in the EOA line. Someone else would have to confirm if LAX is set up similarly, but it sounds like it.