FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:18 am
Traveler56789

I just completed a 7 night stay at the resort.

Overall it was a great experience. I had somewhat low expectations given all of the bad reviews I've been reading. However, the hotel didn't disappoint. While it needs to be renovated (they're planning a $100M renovation starting in the next year), it's in the same shape as it was when I was there two years ago. The hotel was clean, food was great, service was top notch and all staff went above and beyond.

I made my booking about 8 months ago for a garden/mountain terrace room for ~360K points. I asked for an upgrade at arrival, referencing the e-mail that kendenton mentioned above. I was upgraded to an ocean front junior suite without much negotiation. They also gave us a complementary daily breakfast buffet (although this required several e-mails back and forth with hotel management before I arrived).

Overall great experience and I think I may stay here again after the renovations.