FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Doha Qatar [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:55 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
On a paid corp rate, not paid by QR.

A non-update update: went down to speak to the manager on duty. She was very apologetic but didn't do anything meaningful to recover except for being nice and apologetic. She said welcome gift would be coming later, points were already applied to the room since breakfast was included. She said they're almost sold out. I pointed out they're selling every type of suite category on marriott.com but that did not deter her.

I dropped the matter, I don't actually care that much about getting a suite — perfectly comfortable in a base level room for the one night layover, and the room is decent. It's more about the principle and the expectations which were so far off from reality. This hotel gets rave reviews everywhere, so I just couldn't believe how far off it was for me.

She said she'd make sure I got an upgrade on my next visit or "any other W hotel." Meaningless offer as I doubt I'm staying here again next time.