FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA auto rebooking system made terrible choices
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:10 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
AA isn't going to explain the details of its rebooking algorithm to you. If this is the first time you've experienced auto rebooking stupidity in 15 years you're doing way better than me. If I had to guess, it seems there's a higher priority on replacing segments (oh, you were flying DTW-DFW -- here's DTW-ORD-DFW) than on providing time efficient reroutings between origin and destination. (Oh, you were booked DTW-DFW-SAF -- here's DTW-PHX-SAF).
yeah, good point, never had such a problem before. The odd thing is that the tool missed the biggest risk, that the delayed SEA-DFW flight woulf continue to be delayed ever more. It finally was so delayed that if I had taken it, they would not have not been able to get me to DCA until mid morning tomorrow! BTW, there were middle seats left in the back of the plane that on an earlier flight that were offered to me when i called in. So i am positive things ex seattle were available but the rebooking tool was only looking ex DFW. Odd, frustrating.