FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar with 3 kids - need advice
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:24 pm
AALoyalNYC

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
You mention the need to book a suite, I assume you mean the 2-bedroom suite? I'm trying to book there now, a 1-bedroom suite with a 4 and 6 year old. The booking system only permits double occupancy for nearly ALL the 1-bedroom suites, which is ridiculous. This hotel is enormous, and to limit families, willing to pay more for a nicer, larger room, to just a standard 2 queen room seems so backwards. I'm curious what you discover on this one.

I also came on here to ask if I'm the only one to experience the extreme limitation of point usage availability for Suites across the board. Nearly every destination I call (St. Kitts, Baha Mar, Aruba), while having revenue rooms available, the hotels have blocked those rooms from point usage. Also had similar experiences at Domestic Hyatts in recent past.

While the point value is now far better than Bonvoy after the Marriott/SPG merger, I'm finding that Hyatt is really restricting availability for premium room upgrades.