FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First soft product: your experiences
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:43 pm
TLMTOED

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
...i'm glad to see my concern about the having ironed out any kinks before we fly isn't something I should worry about.
I flew F back from the US a couple of weeks ago. It was lovely and I enjoyed it but it wasn't for the lack of kinks. At one point I asked the crew member if everything was OK, as they all seemed to look rather stressed out. I thought maybe there was something sinister going on. But no, the answer came back, "we're just trying to get our heads around this new First service".

Amusing things that were not quite yet ironed out included no cutlery (spares from CW were sourced), which in turn led to eating the soup course with a teaspoon (it works), various F crew members forgetting what they'd asked me/were meant to be bringing me/what their names were. Food was a little overdone. Oh, and they kept encouraging me to nick the posh new headphones!

But, to be honest, I rather enjoyed it. It's was, to me, clear that it was part of trying to deliver a better product - and I'm all for that. And for the slight Fawlty Towers-ness of the service, it was still all done with the usual BA politeness and good humour.

The pyjamas are a point which I think will continue to divide opinion. I found them perfectly comfortable, but for full disclosure, my wife had a right good laugh at them when I put them on at home.