FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First soft product: your experiences
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:28 pm
sentosa

Programs: BA Silver
Did our first new First on 0098.
Good points and a few disappointments.
The crew were fantastic.

Only 7 in First and two went straight to sleep and slept until landing.

Loved the new crockery, cutlery glasswear and bedding.
I liked the new pyjamas and I tried very hard to persuade Mr S to ask to swop his amenity bag into a ladies one, (so beautiful , I need lots more!!) but he said no.

I'm a cocktail girl and was very excited to try the Gin Zing, but it didn't zing for me, I felt it tasted quite flat, and was told it was made from Tanquery,Citrus juice and sparkling water, I will stick to G n T.

The Canapes were divine !

Mr S ordered Shanghai Noodles, crew member returned 5 minutes later to ask if he was a Vegetarian to which he replied no.
She then asked if he would mind choosing something else as another gentleman was Vegetarian and they only had one Shanghai Noodles .
He then chose Herb Crusted Turbot and was very impressed with it.
I had Seared Fillet of Beef which wasn't pink, but tender and tasty.
I chose Potato and Celeriac Gratin as side, but it was not cooked through and I couldn't eat it.
Although there were only five eating , it was 1 hour 45 minutes before main courses were served which was a bit disappointing.
The Paul Cluver Pino Noir was delicious, but I have to give a special mention to the Staunton & Killeen Muscat, it was AMAZING.
It looked very dark but even before having a sip, the aroma was tantalising!
We are fond of dessert wines, but agreed that this is the best one we have ever tried. Will try and find a UK stockist.

All in all, we had a great flight with a very attentive crew and a few blips along the way. Looking forward to our next First which is a much longer flight.